Digital Advertising Trends
1. The MNI Ad Network is the #1 Local Ad Focus Network in the nation, reaching 94% of the total U.S. digital population, equating to 239,705,000 unique visitors last month. Source: comScore December 2017.
Social Media Trends
It’s the season for social evolution.
2. Facebook is expected to command $1 in every $10 spent on all advertising in 2018—for digital and non-digital combined. Source: eMarketer, January 2018.
3. Facebook will now let anyone see what ads a page is running, even if they are not being targeted by the ads. For political ads, the information will also show the amount spent, number of impressions, and the ways the ads were targeted. Twitter aims to create an “ad transparency center,” showing all ads currently running, how long they have been running, and targeting information. Read more on targeted social strategies here. Source: 10 Key Digital Trends to Watch for in 2018, Business 2 Community.
4. Mobile comes first as a means of watching social video —90% of Twitter video views and 60% of YouTube views are now from users on mobile devices. Read more on digital video here. Source: The Drum, January 2018
Voice Search Trends
Voice Search Technology sees rapid adoption.
5. Half of all smartphone users engage with voice technology on their device, and one-third of these users use voice technology daily. Source: The Future of Voice – comScore.
Blockchain applications are here to stay.
6. As of February this year, blockchain was the second top search term on its Gartner’s website, increasing 400% in just 12 months. This gives a glimpse into the numerous applications of this technology beyond finance—from healthcare to entertainment to hospitality. Source: Top 10 Trends for Digital Transformation In 2018 – Forbes.
Chatbots become serious engagement marketing tools.
7. Currently, chatbots are mostly used for customer service—61% of consumer-chatbot interactions are centered around customer service-related questions. By 2020, 85% of customer interactions will be managed by chatbots. Source: The Drum, January 2018.
Future Consumer Trends for 2018
Grocery will go digital.
8. 70% of U.S. consumers will be buying groceries online within five to seven years. This will push grocery retailers to focus on data analytics to help unlock the emerging market. Source: eMarketer, January 2018.
Connected TV continues to shape viewing landscape.
9. 181.5 million people in the U.S. will use connected TVs at least once per month—more than 55% of the general population. Read more on connected TV advertising. Source: eMarketer, December 2017.