Voice Search Marketing Trends
Consumers love to talk and listen.
1. With the spike in voice-based searches, brands are aiming to develop featured snippets or interactive tutorials that can be spoken to people as they complete mundane or complex tasks. Source: Forbes, December 2017.
Is this the end of the typing era?
2. User interfaces are evolving away from fingers and thumbs, and toward less tactile forms of interaction like voice and images. As consumers engage with technology in more natural and instinctive ways, brands are scuttling to leave their mark on voice-based interactions—branded earcons and voice-activated payment systems are just the beginning. Source: Ogilvy, January 2018.
TV Consumption Trends
The way we watch TV is changing.
3. While the quest for entertaining video content will never end, consumers are looking to gain a deeper understanding of what they’re watching—for every hour that was spent watching Game of Thrones on TV, 30 minutes of watch-time was spent on GOT-related videos on YouTube. In fact, there was a 2x growth in the watch-time for ’explainer’ entertainment videos over the past year. Source: Think With Google, May 2018.
4. As more and more quality TV content is produced, viewers are realizing that they just do not have the time to watch everything they want. As their FOMO kicks in, they seek out highlights—over the past year, watch-time for ‘what you missed’ videos has more than doubled, while the time spent on highlights and scene compilations has quadrupled. Learn more about media consumption statistics here. Source: Think With Google, May 2018.
Latest Display Advertising Trends for Local Digital Marketing
Location-based marketing needs a ‘timely’ makeover.
5. $22.1 billion is expected to be spent on location-based mobile advertising this year. However, nearly eight-out-of-ten consumers say they are unlikely to click on an ad no matter its contextual relevancy, or if it is location-based—unless it is received at the right moment. With a deeper view of consumers' offline actions over time, marketers are determining what that right moment is, and are working toward hyper-personalized mobile creative that speaks to the time and place.
Read more about hyper-local mobile marketing. Source: eMarketer, June 2018.
It is the year of native ads...
6. Native advertising now accounts for more than half of all digital display spending by U.S marketers, with almost three-quarters of native display ad spending going toward social media ads.
Find out more about the benefits of native advertising. Source: eMarketer, May 2018
Chatbot Marketing Uses
7. While chatbots have been around for years, they’ve only recently seen unprecedented AI improvements. Currently, chatbots are mostly used for customer service—around six-out-of-ten consumer-chatbot interactions are related to customer-service questions. Source: The Drum, January 2018.
8. The MNI Ad Network is the #1 Local Ad Focus Network in the nation, reaching 92% of the total U.S. digital population, equating to 235,988,000 unique visitors last month.
Learn about the digital marketing services offered by MNI. Source: comScore, April 2018.