• The MNI Ad Network is the #1 Local Ad Focus Network in the nation, reaching 93% of the total U.S. digital population, equating to 238,904,000 unique visitors last month. Source: comScore August 2016.
Consumer Holiday Shopping Trends
• 61% of U.S. internet users plan to webroom during this year’s holiday season. Webrooming is the process of researching products online and then visiting a store to make a purchase. Read more holiday shopping trends. Source: This Holiday Season, Many Internet Users Plan to Webroom | September 29, 2016 | eMarketer.
Mobile Shopping Trends
• Mobile now represents almost two-out-of-three digital media minutes, and mobile apps are approaching 60% of total digital time spent. Source: The 2016 U.S. Mobile App Report | comScore.
• 50% of U.S. internet users said they planned to shop digitally on
Thanksgiving this year, while 52% said likewise for Black Friday. Source: How Will Consumers Shop over Thanksgiving Weekend? | October 3, 2016 | eMarketer.
• Smartphone apps alone account for nearly half of all digital media time, and three-out-of-four minutes on mobile in total. Mobile apps continue to outpace mobile web by a 7:1 margin in time spent. Source: The 2016 U.S. Mobile App Report | comScore.
• Mobile commerce (mcommerce) sales on smartphones will exceed those on tablets for the first time this year, totaling $67.23 billion for the entire year, or 58% of retail mcommerce sales. Read more mobile shopping trends. Source: Holiday Retail Ecommerce Sales Will Grow 17% this Year | September 27, 2016 | eMarketer.
Social & Streaming Media Trends
• An estimated 84 million people tuned in to watch the first debate of the 2016 presidential election on Monday, September 26, 2016. In terms of social interactions, there were 17.1 million Twitter interactions from 2.7 million people in the U.S. related to the Presidential Debate. Read more on political digital advertising. Source: First Presidential Debate of 2016 Draws 84 Million Viewers | September 27, 2016 |Nielsen Newswire.
• Email is forty times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. Moreover, 72% of people prefer to receive promotional content through email marketing, compared to just 17% who prefer social media. Source:  The new rules of email marketing | Campaign Monitor.
• Email marketing delivers a return on investment (ROI) of $38 for every $1 spent on an email campaign. Source:  70 email marketing stats every marketer should know | January 6, 2016 | Campaign Monitor.
• 78% of U.S. consumers subscribe to at least one OTT (over-the-top) service, and OTT or streaming
subscription video-on-demand revenue is expected to touch $10.4 billion by 2020. Read more on digital video advertising trends. Sources:  2016 Entertainment & Media Industry Trends | Strategy&  Global entertainment and media outlook 2016-2020: TV and Video.