• The MNI Ad Network is the #1 Local Ad Focus Network and #2 Ad Focus Network, reaching 92.4% of the total
digital population, equating to 237,317,000 unique visitors last month.
comScore July 2016
• Households with income above $100,000 and whose heads-of-household are over 55 receive the most periodicals, with 1.7 pieces per week. Affluent young adults—ages 34 and younger, with household incomes over $100,000—receive 0.8 magazine periodicals per week, more than the average household and several times more than their less affluent young-adult counterparts. Read more on magazine ad trends.
Magazine Readers Are Wealthy & Well Educated, USPS Study Finds
• 32% of U.S. influencers who currently work with brands cite Facebook as being the best platform for influencer marketing, followed closely by Instagram, at 24%.
Facebook, Instagram Are Influencers' Favorite Social Platforms | eMarketer | August 16, 2016
• 37.5 million people, or 19% of smartphone users, will transact with their phones at the point of sale (POS) in 2016,
a 62% year-over-year increase.
11 Key Digital Trends for 2016: Our Predictions for What Will—and Won't—Happen Next Year | eMarketer | December 7, 2015
• 32% of U.S. parents who are internet users plan to use their smartphone this year to make school purchases for their child, while 25% will browse and research back-to-school items on mobile.
One in Three US Parents Shop for School via Smartphone | eMarketer | August 23, 2016
• U.S. retail e-commerce holiday season sales are estimated to total up to $94.7 billion this year, a 17% increase over 2015’s sales. This sum represents 75% of retail e-commerce sales for Q4 of this year, and 11% of for this year’s total retail holiday season sales.
U.S. Retail Ecommerce Holiday Season Sales, 2012-2016 | eMarketer
• In the consumer electronics category, 68% of smartphone shoppers turn to YouTube for ideas about what to buy. Continue reading more on CPG Trends.
This Holiday Season, Watch for These 3 Shopping Trends | Think With Google | July 2016
• This year, mobile programmatic spending will reach $15.45 billion in the U.S., representing 69% of all programmatic digital display ad spending. Next year, mobile video programmatic spending will exceed its desktop counterpart for the first time. Read more insights on programmatic ad buying.
More Than Two-Thirds of US Digital Display Ad Spending Is Programmatic | eMarketer | April 5, 2016
• 90% of the players in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry are using email marketing this year, a jump from 2015’s 79% for the industry. This year, 48% of the industry is using social media advertising, as compared to 25% in 2015.
 U.S. Marketers Who Use Email Marketing, by Industry, 2015 & 2016 | eMarketer | July 28, 2016
 U.S. Marketers Who Use Social Media Advertising, by Industry, 2015 & 2016 | eMarketer | July 28, 2016
• 27% of U.S. adults who have health insurance are interested in buying health insurance from technology-based health insurance firms. This figure increases to 56% for men ages 18-34 who have health insurance. Read more on healthcare marketing by generation here.
Health Insurance – U.S. |Mintel | August 2016
sign up for our newsletter.
LATEST TRENDS AND INSIGHTS