TOPIC: RESEARCH INSIGHTS
1. Two-thirds of Americans own at least a single connected device, and connected TV users spend 42 hours per month on devices like Roku, Amazon Fire and AppleTV.
2. Nearly 63% of connected TV device usage occurs in the living room, making living room viewing a more personalized, choice-driven experience that is opening the door to new opportunities for advertisers to connect with consumers.
Source: comScore, June 2018.
3. Data-driven TV planning is finally coming to the forefront—94% of advertisers think TV will become more targetable within the next five years, while 84% believe it will become more automated.
4. In fact, 15 to 17% of advertisers in the U.S. already regularly include addressable or advanced TV buys in their media plans, while 20 to 30% of advertisers plan to start dipping their toes into advanced and addressable TV techniques this year.
Source: AdExchanger, May 2018.
5. Facebook plans to slowly introduce video ads in Messenger, which has 1.3 billion monthly active users.
The ads will appear in the inbox section, where people see a list of their messages from friends and other contacts, and will automatically start rolling when a user scrolls over them.
Source: AdAge, June 2018.
6. Instagram is taking on TV and YouTube with a new property called IGTV, where videos can run up to an hour long. The videos run vertically, because that's the way most people hold their phones. IGTV is a standalone property, because longer videos are not something consumers typically want on the main app, where videos are limited to 60 seconds.
Source: AdAge, June 2018.
7. Shoppers who define a purchase as something they put a lot of consideration into, spend an average of 13 days researching. These shoppers, when ready to make a purchase, want the item immediately—one-out-of-three expect items the same day.
8. Mobile searches for “near me” have grown over 3X in the past two years; almost 80% of shoppers will go in store when they have an item they want immediately.
9. Omnichannel local strategies—strategies that show what’s in stock at nearby stores—drive an 80% higher rate of incremental store visits. Moreover, when shoppers within five miles of a store click on a search ad, their store visit are 1.7X more likely to be incremental than shoppers who are beyond five miles.
Source: Think with Google, May 2018.
sign up for our newsletter.
LATEST TRENDS AND INSIGHTS
WHITE PAPER: Holiday Trends
Brands that start planning holiday campaigns early increase their chances of getting their piece of the holiday pie.