TOPIC: RESEARCH INSIGHTS
1. Technological advancements and an experience-driven economy are making local marketing more crucial for success than ever. Approximately 57% of local marketing efforts include digital campaigns, and 43% include mobile campaigns.
Source: AdAge, 2018.
2. While the most effective local marketing and ad tactics are email marketing, direct mail, company social media pages, and SEO activities, 55% of businesses are investing in social listening and 47% in geo-targeting to improve the effectiveness of their local marketing campaigns.
Source: AdAge, 2018; eMarketer, 2018.
3. Currently, one out of six U.S. adults owns a smart speaker. By 2020, half of all searches are expected to come from voice-enabled platforms. Research has shown that voice-based searches are three times more likely to be local than text searches because they are longer, more conversational, and include more specific questions.
Source: AdAge, 2018.
4. After using voice-search to find local business information, 28% of U.S. consumers called the business, 27% visited the business’ website, and 19% visited the business’ location.
Source: eMarketer, 2018.
5. From creating to-do lists and managing calendars to looking for local information and discovering new brands, more parents are using their voice-activated speakers on a weekly basis. 72% of parents who own voice-activated speakers are likely to use them to buy something in the next month compared to 51% of non-parents.
6. Parents are more likely than non-parents to use their voice-activated speaker as part of their daily multi-tasking routine. 76% of parents typically use their devices while doing other things, compared to 62% of non-parents.
Source: Think with Google, 2018
7. People are adept at multitasking and multi-screening—94% of people in the U.S. keep their smartphones nearby while watching TV. When spending an evening in front of the TV, people look at their smartphones 31% of the time, and most often they browse a social app.
8. People often associate TV and mobile with complementary experiences—relaxation and connection. Live TV content—whether it’s a political debate, a reality TV show, a royal wedding, or a football game—becomes more enjoyable when discussed in real time with other fans.
Source: Facebook IQ, September 2018.
9. Although connected TV advertising makes up a small portion of total video ad spending, it is expected to grow as audiences continue to embrace digital streaming in their living rooms. Connected TV users are expected to account for 56% of the U.S. population in 2018, and 60% by 2022.
10. 29% of the U.S. advertisers and agency decision makers increased their connected TV ad spending in 2018. Most view connected TV ad spending favorably, followed closely by data-enabled and addressable TV.
Source: eMarketer, August 2018.
sign up for our newsletter.
LATEST TRENDS AND INSIGHTS
WHITE PAPER: Holiday Trends
Brands that start planning holiday campaigns early increase their chances of getting their piece of the holiday pie.