YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
Our mission is to be clear and transparent about how and why we collect and use information and to empower you to control your personal information. You are not our product, you are our customer.
When Does this Privacy Statement Apply?
This Privacy Statement applies when you interact with MNI Targeted Media Inc. ("MNI"), a subsidiary of Meredith Corporation, through our website, and the advertising and marketing services we offer clients (our “Services).
What Does It Say?
Read this Privacy Statement in full here. Here are the highlights.
|What Personal Information Do We Collect?||
|Where/How Do We Collect Information||
|How Do We Use Personal Information?||
|Who Do We Share Personal Information With?||
|How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?||
We collect and use personal information on behalf of our clients, who are advertisers.
Please contact the advertiser you have interacted with if you would like them to restrict our use of your information.
|How Can You Learn More||
Click here to read our full Privacy Statement.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for about our data privacy practices? Don’t worry, just reach out to us at MNI.email@example.com and we will get back to you!
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you interact with our Services, we collect the following personal information from or about you:
- Contact Information: Your name, postal address, or e-mail address.
- Online Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- Internet Activity Information: Information about your use of our Services, your browsing history and information how you interact on with advertisements we serve on behalf of our clients.
Where/How Do We Collect Personal Information About You?
We collect personal information about you from a number of sources:
From You. When you provide your personal information on our website.
From Your Device.
What are Cookies and Other Technologies?
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an e-mail or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon, and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out?
In most cases, yes! Visit our section on your privacy choices for more information on how to opt out.
- Service Providers. We work with service providers that collect personal information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
- Data Partners. We work with data partners who provide us contact lists and other consumers, which our clients use in connection with their marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Our Clients. Our clients may provide us with personal information in order for us to perform the Services on their behalf.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We and the service providers working on our behalf use personal information collected about you to:
- For lead generation.
- To deliver marketing campaigns on behalf of our clients.
Provide and Improve the Services.
- Analyze, operate, and improve our website and Services (including repairing errors or debugging) or develop new ones.
- Understand how you interact with the advertising and marketing services we provide to our clients.
- Measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our Services, features, and related communications.
Security and Fraud Prevention
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with the law.
- Prevent potentially prohibited illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our Terms of Service.
We may use your personal information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your personal information, provided we have obtained the required consent.
Who Do We Share Personal Information With?
We may share your personal information with our Meredith Companies, service providers and clients.
- Meredith Companies. MNI shares your personal information with other companies owned by the Meredith Corporation, which have their own privacy statements and are not subject to this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers. We engage service providers to provide services such as advertising, marketing, e-mail, and cover wrap/packaging. We may share any personal information we collect about you with these service providers and authorize them to collect personal information from you directly to support the services they provide to us. We do not authorize our service providers to share your personal information with any other third parties.
- Our Clients. We share your personal information with our clients (advertisers who engage us to help them reach their audience/customers).
- Legal Compliance, Business Transfers, and Other Disclosures. We disclose personal information about users of our Services when we believe the law requires it. For example, to respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property or safety of users, the public, Meredith Companies, service providers, clients, data partners, or third parties. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer any personal information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance, or financing of all or any portion of MNI.
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Personal Information?
What Rights Do You Have?
- Right to Know: You have the right to ask us and our clients to tell you what personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to ask us and our clients to delete the personal information we collect or maintain about you.
- Right to be Free From Discrimination: You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- Right to Access or Correct Your Personal Information: You have the right to request access to and to edit certain personal information that you have provided to us and our clients.
If you are in the U.S. and wish to exercise your rights with respect to any advertiser, please contact the advertiser you have interacted with directly. Otherwise, please contact us at MNI.firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Other Choices do You Have?
We send marketing communications on behalf of our clients. Any opt-out of our client’s communications should be sent through that client.
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals. Instead, we adhere to the standards set out in this Privacy Statement and offer the opt-out choices described above.
MNI does not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 16 to provide us with any personal information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sharing any personal information about themselves over the internet. If you’re under 16, please do not register for the Services or provide us with any personal information.
Additional Privacy Information
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information. We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personal information that we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that personal information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Location of Your Data. MNI is a U.S. company and your personal information will be transferred to, processed, stored, and accessed by us, other companies owned by Meredith Corporation, and service providers in the United States and in other jurisdictions where we or they operate, which may not provide you with the same level of privacy protection as you are entitled to in your jurisdiction. When you visit our Services, you consent to the processing of your personal information in the United States and other jurisdictions as described here.
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. Meredith adheres to the principles of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield Principles”) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union (“EU”) to the United States; however, we do not rely on the Privacy Shield Principles when we transfer or receive personal information transferred from the EU. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles will govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit the Privacy Shield website.
Meredith is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield Principles or subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Meredith complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers from the EU and European Economic Area (“EEA”), including onward transfer liability provisions.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Meredith’s compliance with its obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles. In certain situations, Meredith may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Meredith commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at MNI.email@example.com.
Meredith has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit JAMS or call 800-352-5267 to file a complaint. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS's filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and you cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, Meredith will pay them for you.
How Can You Learn More?
How to Contact Us
1716 Locust Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Attn: Legal Department, Privacy Office