Consumers are always stumbling upon new brands.
1. 60% of smartphone users say they discover a new company or product when conducting a search on their smartphones. Source: Think with Google, August 2018.
With more navigation comes more advertising opportunities.
2. 66% of U.S. smartphone app users use a map or navigation app at least once a month. Moreover, 87% of navigation app users access them for driving directions.
3. With all these numbers in consideration, Google Maps and Waze recently introduced new advertising products, making in-map advertising easier to buy for marketers. Source: eMarketer, July 2018.
Going, going, gone… local!
4. Local businesses and their customers are committed to each other - 46% of these businesses say that they maintain a close connection to the local community, while 48% of consumers say they shop locally to support local businesses.
5. For small businesses with limited staff and budgets, online platforms with existing networks and communities are scalable, cost-effective and quick. 64% say that having an online presence is most important for the long-term success of their businesses. Source: Facebook IQ, August 2018.
6. This year, 57% of local marketing efforts include digital and approximately 43% included mobile campaigns, versus 53% and 35%, respectively, last year. Source: AdAge, June 2018.
Does Gen Z shop exclusively on mobile?
7. Gen Z uses the smartphone for a host of shopping-related activities – 64% use them for browsing only, 59% for price comparisons, 58% look up product reviews, 52% check item availability, and 46% look for physical store locations.
8. When it comes to making purchases, 60% of Gen Zers prefer using desktop for online purchases, versus 22% using a mobile browser. 15% use an app, and only 3% purchase via tablet. Source: AdAge, August 2018.
9. The MNI Ad Network is the #1 Local Ad Focus Network in the nation, reaching 89% of the total U.S. digital population, equating to 228,470,000 unique visitors last month. Source: comScore, July 2018.