Technology-based innovation arrives faster than most organizations can keep up. Smart speakers and voice assistants let us interact with our homes and with retailers in new and seamless ways, while smartphones are becoming the new shopping cart. More viewers than ever before are replacing traditional TV with streaming platforms.
And the list keeps growing. Before one innovation is implemented, two others arrive, making it even more important for digital marketers to stay abreast of the changes, how they will affect your business, and how they could leverage to your brand’s advantage.
Predicting exactly how the digital future will play out is impossible. But, if you look in the right places, it is possible to make some educated guesses along the way. Digital Trends: Predictions for 2019 and Beyond, curated by MNI Targeted Media Inc., takes a deep dive into the statistics and technology driving a few of the trends on our radar, and their implications.
There’s one trend we can all agree on: attention spans are getting shorter. That’s why we’ve broken down our annual trends report into seven topics. This way you can binge read or pick and choose what matters most to you and read on demand.
1. The Attribution Game Changer - One of the best kept secrets in online marketing is that most campaign attribution data is wrong. Read more about Attribution.
2. Connected TV Ads are Coming, Slowly - Marketing budgets for CTV advertising are on the rise, as more and more viewers cut the cord. Read more about Connected TV.
3. AI – What It Is and Why It Matters – The majority of marketing leaders think AI will revolution how brands go to market, but few are confident they understand how to leverage it. Read more about AI.
4. From Audio Streaming to a Sonic Revolution – With the immersive experience of streaming audio growing, brands are finding new ways to integrate offerings into platforms ranging from gaming consoles and podcasts to automobiles. Read more about Audio Streaming
5. Voice Technology is Changing the Way We Speak - The staying power of voice technology is
now a given. The question is how it could shape advertising and the consumer experience.
Read more about Voice Technology.
6. How Blockchain is Reshaping Ad Spend - What started as a revolution in finance is now extending its arms into almost every other industry – from retail to healthcare to adverting.
Read more about Blockchain.
7. The Future Is (Still) Programmatic - To appreciate the importance programmatic, you don’t have to be a data whiz. But you do have to understand how data empowers brands to go from targeting the masses to targeting the individual. Read more about Programmatic.
sign up for our newsletter.
LATEST TRENDS AND INSIGHTS